Happy New Year!
Around this time of the year, a lot of people set goals for the coming year. If you’re one of those smart people that set goals for 2017, I can almost guarantee at least one of them is health and fitness related.
I know one of mine is.
Even if you didn’t make any resolutions this year, health and fitness are one of the area’s I get asked about most often.
But you don’t need some special diet or crazy workout to achieve your health goals. In fact, all most people need to do is make a few simple lifestyle changes. That’s why I want to share with you, my top ten tips for health and fitness success.
Ten Tips For Health and Fitness Success.
1) There is no such thing as a magic pill or a diet that don’t require any work. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
2) Eat a high-protein, high-fiber diet with lots of fruits & vegetables, healthy fats, eggs, healthy meats, and avoid added sugar.
3) Do something active every day. That can be as simple as going for a walk, or hitting a fitness class during your lunch break but find something you love to do and do it daily.
4) Work your butt off, and you will see results. (We can help you with that)
5) Drink plenty of water. Aim for 1 litre of water per 20 kg of body weight. That means an 80kg person should drink around 4 litres of water a day.
6) Avoid liquid calories. Drink Green Tea or Greens drinks instead. Try to avoid diet sodas — I don’t know if they are ‘bad’ for you, but they likely don’t make you healthier.
7) Avoid processed foods. I always say “If it doesn’t grow on land, fly in the sky, or live in the sea don’t eat it”.
8) Get social support, accountability, and coaches that will help you stay motivated. (We’ll help you with that too)
9) Plan, shop, and prepare your food for the week ahead of time.
10) Make a SMART goal, and give yourself an incentive to reach your goal. Simple aren’t they.
Now I didn’t say they were easy, but if you follow these guidelines, I guarantee you’ll reach your health and fitness goals.
If you’re looking for a new way to achieve your health and fitness goals in 2017, why not come down and try out a class for FREE. It just might be the thing you’ve been missing in achieving your goals.
Give us a call on 01752 262233 or visit https://bjjplymouth.co.uk/get-started/ to get your FREE Trial.